Neroli Essential Oil
About the plant
|Common Names||Bitter Orange, Seville Orange, Sour Orange, Bigarade Orange|
|Latin Name||Citrus Aurantium|
|Plant Detail||The tree can reach around 5 to 7 meters high and has evergreen leaves.|
About the Neroli Essential Oil
|Inci Name||CITRUS AURANTIUM AMARA FLOWER OIL|
|Essential Oil Name||Neroli Essential Oil|
|Scent||Refreshing, spicy, sweet, floral|
|Extraction Method||Steam distillation|
|Production||Between 0.5 and 1 ml of Neroli Essential Oil per KG*|
*Franchomme, P. La science des huiles essentielles médicinales. (Guy Trédaniel, 2015).
Our expert Docteur Françoise Couic Marinier tells you all about essential oils.
Find out why Neroli Essential Oil (also known as Neroli Bigarade Essential Oil or Bitter Orange Essential Oil) is so essential, and learn how to incorporate this wonder oil of aromatherapy into your daily rituals for the ultimate skin hydration, glow and even mood boost.
What is Neroli Essential Oil used for?
With all its benefits, using Bitter Orange Essential Oil in your skincare regimen can be greatly gratifying, whatever your skin type. Here are just a few of its rewards you can reap.
- Hydrate: Neroli Essential Oil is a hydration powerhouse, with an incredible ability to soften, replenish and lock in moisture. Applied topically, this Bitter Orange Oil will provide your skin with a protective barrier to ensure that your complexion remains radiant and dewy all day long.
- Revive: Bitter Orange Essential Oil’s powerful skin-reviving properties can help accelerate your complexion to the picture of radiant health, leaving you with skin that glows. Not only will Bitter Orange oil re-energize your skin and, it will also target the epidermis for the appearance of skin rejuvenation.
Benefits of Neroli Essential Oil
- Rejuvenate your skin: When applied on the skin, Neroli Essential Oil intensely moisturises the skin and boosts the epidermis’ natural processes. To maximise this effect, look to other Essential Oils such as Green Mandarin Essential Oil [link to Decléor Mandarin oil article when online] for a targeting of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Combat breakouts: Neroli Essential Oil comprises powerful antibacterial properties, which makes it a prime ingredient to target breakouts and balance the production of sebum. Rich in antioxidants, it combats free radicals, which can soothe breakout-induced inflammation and redness. If you’re really looking to reduce the appearance of skin imperfections, you can also look to Ylang-Ylang Essential Oil.
- Get a better night’s sleep: Thanks to its calming effects, this Bitter Orange Essential Oil can help achieve a better night’s sleep.
- Boost your mood: Look no further than Neroli Essential Oil for a simple mood boost. Inhale the powerful scent and breathe in deeply to instantly find your mind more relaxed and soothed.
Where does Neroli Essential Oil come from?
Sourced from the orange tree in the fruitful climate of the Mediterranean and Africa comes the hero ingredient: Neroli Essential Oil, also known as Bitter Orange Essential Oil. This powerful and curative oil has been used for centuries, for the body, mind and health.
History of Neroli Essential Oil
- The tale of Princess Nerola: Dating back as far as the 17th century, Neroli Essential Oil has been adored by Italian aristocrats. The Duchess of Bracciano was famed for her use of the Bitter Orange Essential Oil, infusing her gloves with its aroma and adding a few drops to her bath – she loved it so much that she was even hailed as ‘Princess Nerola’.
- The oil of romance: Neroli Essential Oil has long been used in weddings because of both its calming properties and its aphrodisiac effects.
- Speed is of the essence: Small, white and beautiful to look at, the delicate Neroli flowers are hand-picked and distilled through low-pressure steam; however, it is imperative to move quickly as the petals quickly lose their famous fragrance.
Uplift your skin, body and mind with the abundant benefits of the rejuvenating and balancing Neroli Essential Oil.