Everlasting Essential Oil
About the plant
|Latin Name||Helichrysum italicum|
|Plant Detail||The plant is a shrub with a 20-30 cm height. The small flowers are yellow, bloom in the summer and never wither.|
About the Everlasting Essential Oil
|Inci Name||HELICHRYSUM ITALICUM FLOWER OIL|
|Essential Oil Name||Everlasting essential oil|
|Extraction Method||Steam distillation|
|Production||Between 2 and 6 ML of fennel essential oil with 1 KG of plant*|
*Franchomme, P. La science des huiles essentielles médicinales. (Guy Trédaniel, 2015).
Our expert Docteur Françoise Couic Marinier tells you all about essential oils.
With proven antibacterial, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, Everlasting Essential Oil, also known as Helichrysum Essential Oil, has various benefits to boost your health, mind and skin.
Here’s all you need to know about Helichrysum Oil, and how this element of aromatherapy can benefit you by incorporating it into your daily rituals.
What is Everlasting Essential Oil used for?
- Lifting: When used in skincare, Helichrysum Essential Oil can be highly effective. Primarily, this essential oil works to promote cellular health; recycling dead cells and stimulating the production of new cells.
The result? Skin that is rejuvenated, toned and smoothed; a powerful addition to your beauty routine.
- Healing: Everlasting Essential Oil contains diketones: compounds that can heal the epidermis and even out skin tone. Age spots are faded, hyperpigmentation is evened out and redness is soothed.
- Nourishing: Thanks to the presence of the chemical elements ‘esters’, Helichrysum Essential Oil is highly soothing and moisturising. With a nourished epidermis comes a radiant complexion and healthy skin.
Where does Everlasting Essential Oil come from?
Deriving from the warm climes of the Mediterranean, Everlasting Essential Oil thrives in dry, rocky, sandy ground. Self-seeding, this member of the sunflower family can last for months without water, hence the name “everlasting”!
History of Everlasting Essential Oil
- The golden flower: According to Dr Couic Marinier, “the word ‘Helichrysum’ originates from Latin and Greek, meaning gold sun”, denoting the appearance of the Everlasting flower’s beautiful, golden blossoms.
- Ancient Greek origins: Some of the first documented uses of Helichrysum Oil comes from the ancient Greeks. They found that Everlasting Oil had wound healing abilities and used it on soldiers coming back from battle.
- Mythical sightings: Apollo, God of the Arts, Healing and Purification, was often pictured wearing a crown of Everlasting flowers.
Facts about Everlasting Essential Oil
- The yellow gold of Corsica: Helichrysum Essential Oil has gained the reputation as the yellow gold of Corsica thanks to its multitude of species that exist in this area as well as its precious nature.
According to Dr Couic Marinier, “Everlasting Oil is one of the most expensive cosmetic ingredients, due to the high number of flowers required to make the oil.”
- A speedy process: In order to maintain the intoxicating fragrance and optimum results, Everlasting Essential Oil must be extracted from the flowers within 24 hours of picking.
- The immortal plant: Living up to its name and unlike many other plants, even when the Everlasting flower is cut, its vibrant and recognisable colour doesn’t fade.
Incorporate Everlasting Essential Oil into your daily routine and keep your skin, body and mind energised and youthful.