Double cleansing, a two-step ritual for a perfect skin. What is double cleansin...
Essential Oils are the key to fabulous skin so…Revitalise your complexionSome ...
Retreat from busy urban life and enjoy delightful moments with our wellness blog...
My mission was simple: to share my passion for beauty with as many people as pos...
Saro essential oil is one of the most widely used essential oils in aromatherapy...
Double cleansing, a two-step ritual for a perfect skin.
What is double cleansing?
Cleansing twice is essential for cleansing the skin and removing all impurities. Using a mix of water and oil will make your cleanser more efficient. That is why oil-based cleansers are used to remove oil-based impurities: sebum, sunscreen and makeup. Whilst water-based cleansers gets rid of water-based impurities: sweat, old skin cells, bacteria and dust. Thanks to double cleansing, you’re only a few cotton pads away from clean and beautiful skin!
Which cleanser is right for you?
It is no secret that cleansing is the most essential step of a beauty routine – especially before going to bed. By addressing and removing every type of impurity, double cleansing leaves the face glowing and you can maintain beautiful skin, day after day.
For every skin type, from oily to extremely dry or sensitive, double cleansing is essential to include in your beauty routine. Find the cleanser that suits you best and try different water-based cleansers to test various textures: do you prefer a milk lotion, a creamy foam, a fresh gel, a micellar water or a micellar oil? You will find your perfect cleanser in our Aroma Cleanse range.
This two-step ritual also prepares your skin to boost the efficacy of the other products in your skincare routine. Apply your night balm, your favourite serum or any products you love from your skincare routine after double cleansing, to boost its benefits: you’ll see the difference almost instantaneously!
Nichola Joss, Decleor Skincare Expert says:
‘‘Cleansing is the most important part of your routine. Removing make up, grime, and pollution and deeper cleansing the skin to help remove toxins and congestion. Cleansing also encourages you to massage your skin which is also good for lymph drainage, de-stressing muscle tissue and building circulation of blood which is rich in nutrients and oxygen for feeding skin cells. I adore the new Bi-Phase Cleanser. It has the gentlest of textures which smooths onto the skin, easily absorbing and cleansing away make up and pollution but also encouraging a massage to deeper cleanse with the Bi-Phase Cleanser. It’s fantastic to use in the morning for a refreshing cleanse and then also in the evening as a double cleanse to remove the days make up and pollution. It leaves the skin beautifully soft and hydrated.
Morning cleanse is about removing any puffiness and dead skin cells. Lightly and gently apply the cleanser to a pad and sweep across face to awaken and cleanse. For an evening deeper double cleanse you can apply onto palms of hands and massage into skin really deeply cleansing. Remove with a warm damp muslin cloth/face flannel’’
Aromatherapy skincare brand, Decléor announced today their ambassadorship with internationally renowned celebrity facialist Nichola Joss.
Nichola is the beauty therapist of choice for a host of A-list beauties such as Meghan Markle, Kate Moss, Scarlett Johansson, Hilary Swank, Gisele Bundchen and Elle Macpherson. Best known for her miraculous lymphatic drainage massage facials, Nichola is one of the few therapists who can literally tone and improve the texture of skin with a mere wave of her hands. Her signature hands on style is the perfect complement to Decléor’s renowned facials, improving the tone, texture and condition of the skin through professional expertise and exceptional Decléor products.
A leader in aromatherapy skincare, Decléor’s Skin Body Mind philosophy embodies Nichola’s own holistic approach to facials and skin care, that has seen her become one of the most famed facialists in the world.
Nichola Joss says, “I have been using Decléor for over 20 years and to this day will always make sure it’s in my kit. Good skin doesn’t happen by chance, and I trust Decléor’s Oils and Balms to help me transform my client’s skin!”
As a beauty therapist, Nichola combines all of her experience to offer well informed treatments that yield immediate results, and have her clients coming back for more. She believes in tailoring each facial and massage to the clients’ specific needs, carefully selecting the right products to achieve the right purpose.
Nichola’s Golden Rules to achieving healthy skin at any age
- Make sure you start with a good daily cleansing routine – so make it easy for yourself and try not to skip this step. It’s essential to make sure the skin is properly cleansed, especially if you are wearing makeup or in a polluted area i.e cities, to helpkeep skin healthy and youthful
- SPF is essential to protect the skin from damaging UV rays which when combined with pollution damage can increase the premature ageing.
- Touch your skin! Massaging the skin daily helps remove tension and stress and allows your muscles to stay as toned, healthy and contoured as possible. Massaging the skin will also keep you free of toxins and fluids reducing puffiness adding radiance glow and vitality
- Good skin also starts within, so it helps to have a clean diet. I add supplements and probiotics to enhance organ functions and keep me as healthy as possible, resulting in more youthful skin
Nichola’s favourite Decléor products for Spring
Aromessence Magnolia Youthful Oil Serum. It gives an instant glow and luminosity to my skin adding dewiness and energy, reviving it after the winter months.
Aromessence Neroli Amara Night Balm. I am a huge fan of this balm as I love the texture and softness it gives to the skin. It melts on for easy massage and the natural floral fragrance is a bedtime treat for my skin and mind.
SARDINE: T H E Y O U T H - R E S T O R I N G F I S H
The nutritional benefits of oily fish like sardines are so massive that, when I eat them, each mouthful feels as though it’s doing me good. If you imagine all the oils concentrated in the flesh of these fish, those are the very oils that you need for your skin. Loaded with omega-3s, essential fatty acids that have to be obtained from the diet as the body can’t produce them itself, sardines are known to help promote collagen production, keeping the skin looking plump, smooth and hydrated. The nutrients in sardines offer a host of other benefits, including improved heart health, enhanced brain function and more stable blood sugar levels. They have been shown to help boost the metabolism and decrease inflammation, as well as minimise sebum production and reduce the congestion that leads to blocked pores – making sardines a bit of a miracle worker for the whole body. Nutrients include selenium, which helps to protect the skin from UV light and to repair damage caused by the sun – just the thing after a long summer. Sardines are also a rich source of vitamin D, essential for healthy bones and teeth and good for mental well-being. This vitamin is otherwise obtainable only from sunlight, making a food source particularly important during the colder months when there is less sun. So if it’s dark and chilly outside, tucking into a plate of vitamin D-rich sardines should put a smile back on your face – especially when you think of all those wonderful skinbenefiting omega-3s getting to work!
I keep tins of sardines in my cupboard to have as a simple snack – great on toast with a sprinkling of sea salt and cracked black pepper. While they’re lower in mercury than other sea fish, it’s important to buy wild-caught sardines and opt for those packed in water or oil, rather than brine – you can always add the salt later. Even better, buy them fresh from your fishmonger. Bursting with flavour, they need very little to enhance them – just a few herbs and a squeeze of lemon.
280 Calories per serving
1. Place the flour in a bowl with 2 tablespoons of water and knead together to make a dough. (Buckwheat can be quite sticky so you may need to add more flour.)
2. Roll the dough into a tube and slice into four sections. On a work surface lightly dusted with flour, roll each piece out into a flatbread about 3mm thick.
3. Heat a little coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, add a flatbread and cook on each side for 2–3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate and cook the remaining flatbreads in the same way.
4. Meanwhile, cook the sardines. Melt 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a frying pan and add the sardines, parsley and lemon juice. Season with a little salt and pepper and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through (see tip below).
5. To assemble, place slices of radish on top of each flatbread, top with a sardine and serve with extra parsley sprinkled over and a wedge of lemon.
The only downside of cooking fresh sardines is that they will stink your house out! To avoid this, simply cook outdoors on a barbecue.
• Fatty acids:
-All nine essential amino acids
Juicy sun-ripened figs remind me so much of summers spent in Majorca, where the fruit grows everywhere. I hated figs as a kid; my only experience of them was in dried form in the processed filling of fig rolls – a favourite of my dad’s – or something dried that you ate to make you go to the toilet. Of course, as a child I didn’t care about the importance of ‘being regular’. Oh, how things have changed since then! These days you’re able to buy fresh figs much more easily, especially in southern climes. I have a few glamorous friends – mentioning no names – with places abroad that have quite amazing gardens with fig trees growing in them. You don’t need to be glamorous to have fig trees, of course, and you don’t even need fig trees – just a good supplier. Figs are full of fibre, so I don’t feel guilty about eating the sweet fruit because it will flush through me in a day, and anything that moves through the body really quickly, allowing it to absorb other nutrients more efficiently, is always good. Anything that flushes through the system also helps to detoxify the skin, making figs excellent for treating skin conditions like psoriasis or acne. In addition to the roughage they contain, the fresh fruits provide natural sweetness, making them a brilliant way to sweeten dishes as an alternative to refined sugar.
230 Calories per serving
Good for detoxifying the system, figs add a touch of natural sweetness, providing a healthier alternative to processed sugars, which can be detrimental to your skin.
1. Break the burrata or mozzarella into bite-sized pieces and place in a bowl with the figs. Add the rocket and mix well to make sure everything is evenly distributed.
2. Dress at the last minute, drizzling over the olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a zigzag motion and scatter over basil leaves to serve.
When it comes to makeup, those in the know will be quick to tell you that the best looks start with great skincare. It’s the step that can’t be skipped in the quest for natural looking radiance, but often the hardest one to nail. So when we saw Barefaced Beauty trending across the board at Spring Summer 2017 Fashion Week, we knew the demand for fresh glowing skin had been set into motion once more! Barely There Makeup and Clean Skin took centre stage both on and off the catwalk, signalling the start of the Barefaced Beauty trend. Skin is officially in.
To get the Barefaced Beauty look, skincare is a must. Gentle cleansers, and soothing moisturisers will help even the skin tone and reduce redness or inflammation. Whilst keeping the skin hydrated is key for a clear complexion. Nourishing and hydrating Facial Oils continue to take the beauty industry by storm, and are an essential step in prepping the skin. Sheet masks have gone from niche skincare secret to A List essential and for good reason too! Think of it as an at home facial – in just 10 minutes your skin will be rejuvenated, and glowing with natural luminosity. We love our Decléor Aurabsolu sheet mask as it comes in two parts, so it’s fuss free and easy to use.
After skin is prepped and ready, a little extra coverage helps to accomplish the barely there look without feeling exposed. Choose BB creams, or light foundations – only applying on the parts of the face that need evening out and make sure you blend well. Tinted lip balms really make the lips pop whilst still looking natural, so opt for one that complements your skin’s natural undertones. If you’ve prepped your eye area with skincare and it’s really hydrated, your eye makeup will look less cakey and more fresh and natural.
Whichever makeup you choose to follow your skin prep, the real trick to this beauty look has everything to do with what is underneath it. So nail your skincare routine, and the rest will follow!
Read on for our Barefaced Beauty Decléor Edit.
CLEANSE WITH BENEFITS
The first step to barefaced beauty - always cleanse! Impurities can build up overnight, as well as during the day. So banish them for a beautiful, clean complexion.
The micelle technology in Decléor Micellar Oil clings on to dirt and makeup on the skin and dissolve them, leaving behind a clean, hydrated finish. Sweet Almond Oil, rich in essential fatty acids, helps to strengthen and soothe the skin
RECLAIM YOUR GLOW
Every barefaced beauty needs a face oil – to boost skin hydration, radiance and recharge your mind. Think you’re not a face oil person? Read on and think again!
100% natural, Decléor Aromessence Neroli Amara Hydrating Oil Serum is packed with the highest grade of essential oils (Néroli, Sweet Orange, Petitgrain, Juniper Berry, Sandalwood, Clary Sage), and cold pressed botanical oil (Hazelnut Virgin Oil). Non-sticky, non-shiny, the fine silky texture absorbs instantly. If following with makeup, you'll find it blending seamlessly, not sliding right off. What’s more, just three drops will do the trick for your entire face.
If you want to master barefaced beauty – you need to revive skin’s luminosity.
Using the purest form of Jasmine Absolute, Decléor Aurabsolu Mask Intense Glow Hydrogel Mask awakens skin and reveals a new radiance. Skin is imbued with vitality and glow is restored. Decléor’s Jasmine is harvested in the first morning light by hand to preserve the entire petal power.
HYDRATE AND PROTECT
Every Barefaced Beauty need protection. Pollution and emotional stress can accentuate dehydration, and irritate skin. Hydrate and protect simultaneously, with a veil of SPF protection and UVB filter.
The fresh, super light texture of Decléor Hydra Floral Anti-Pollution Hydrating Fluid leaves skin feeling hydrated and comfortable. Drenching the skin with hyaluronic acid, it also plumps fine lines. Moringa Olifeira micro proteins protect against antioxidant attacks, pollution and free radicals.
BE BRIGHT EYED
Barefaced beauty’s listen up! If you’re going light on makeup, you’ll want to reduce dark circles, firm and revitalise the eye area.
No need for concealer, Decléor Aurabsolu Intense Glow for Eyes Dark Circle Corrector targets darkness and dullness in a delicate area prone to fatigue. Stimulating caffeine aids drainage whilst vitamins B3 and CG help to protect and brighten the eye area. Orange Pigments deliver an instant illuminating effect.
Your new handbag essential – it can even be used over makeup!
NEW HYDRA FLORAL WHITE PETAL
For brighter skin, also try our new glowing collection, Hydra Floral White Petal . This skin brightening and perfecting ritual gives a fresh and radiant look, using Pea Extract to reduce dark spots and Chamomile to help soothe the skin. Add our hero products to your regime, our Skin Perfecting Concentrate, apply before your Aromessence Oil Serum for a brighter complexion. Then our Skin Perfecting Hydrating Sleeping Mask , is a must have weekly treat, wake up to transformed and radiant looking skin!
1. Applying a face mask is one of the quickest ways to revive tired skin. I love Decléor’s Aurabsolu Hydrogel Mask; it is a fuss free sheet mask which comes in two parts which means it actually fits the face properly and unlike most sheet masks. You can actually move around and do things whilst you have it on. Sheet masks work to instantly plump, hydrate and brighten tired, lacklustre skin and is ideal for applying after a flight, après ski or before a party or special event as it only takes 10 minutes or so to see the results on the skin. Sometimes I will put the packet in warm water before I unwrap the mask so that I can use it as a heat treatment to deeply nourish and penetrate the skin - and other times when I want a refreshing effect, I will pop it in the freezer for a few minutes first and apply it as a cooling treatment mask.
2. Dark circles under the eyes are a real giveaway for tiredness. Try incorporating a spoonful of molasses into your diet, over time it can help to eradicate dark circles for a brighter looking complexion. For an instant effect try Decléor Aroma Lisse 2-in-1 Dark Circle & Eye Wrinkle Eraser it immediately targets darkness and dullness, and Orange Pigments deliver an instant illuminating and glowing skin effect.
3. Facial massage is one of the best ways to pep up tired skin as it works to keep the blood circulating and flowing to the surface, helping to flush out toxins for a more lifted, brighter look. Spending time massaging the skin, especially working on the lymph nodes, is super effective and something I always make time for. You can easily incorporate facial massage into your routine by doing it whilst you cleanse, moisturise or even whilst using a cream face mask. Decléor’s Orexcellence Energy Concentrate Youth Mask is a great mask to apply before facial massage, especially for more mature skin - it uses Lychee and Peony which helps plump, firm and restore a glow to dull complexions.
4. People often forget about keeping their neck, décolletage and hands hydrated, but the skin is very delicate on these parts of the body so any signs of tiredness really show up. I love to use Decléor’s Aromessence Neroli Oil Serum after a workout as its 100% natural and uses a very high quality Neroli. I rub 3 drops between my hands to warm it up before inhaling and breathing in deeply from my diaphragm to ground myself for a moment. I press any leftover oil into my hands, chest, and around the back of my neck to make sure I don’t forget to take care of these areas
5. Whenever the body is tired or run down, it always shows in the skin on the lips which can become dry, flaky and chapped - especially in winter with the dehydrating effects of central heating. It’s really important not to forget to protect and hydrate the lips - try using Decléor’s Intense Nutrition Lip balm to deeply nourish the skin and keep them smooth and hydrated.
6. A refreshing mist is another staple for me when I want to quickly revive tired, dull skin. Often, mists just consist of water which doesn’t hold moisture in the skin, but Decléor’s Aurabsolu Refreshing Mist also contains a blend of essential oils which provide an instant boost of hydration to the skin and helps to lock in the moisture - perfect for reviving the skin on your face, body and even on your feet.
7. A balanced diet is so important when it comes to keeping the body functioning properly and boosting energy levels to combat the signs of tiredness, but it's something you have to stick to - there's no shortcut. Iron is really important for combating tiredness and is really important for healthy skin and hair. Eggs, kale and dark chocolate are all good sources.
8. Exercise is one of the best ways to boost the skin - it sends the blood rushing to the skin which gives a luminous glow. It's one of the best things you can do to energise your skin and body- even just 20 minutes will make you look more awake!
Our Decléor Skincare Specialist Fiona Brackenbury knows a thing or two about Essential Oils. Having worked in the industry for over 25 years, she is a fountain of knowledge on all things skin! Here she shares with us the lowdown on the best Essential Oils, and which ones to try for your skin type.
“Essential Oils are one of the most powerful part of the pant and can be extracted from the roots, blossoms, leaves and fruits of plants. Mostly famously documented the Egyptians used Essential Oils in the mummification process to preserve the organs. Each has 150 active molecules and is a potent power packed ingredient.
Essential Oils have the same molecular structure as our blood and lymph. Therefore the body recognises them and can absorb them into the skin to the deepest layer – the dermis. They are one of the quickest ingredients to be absorbed into the skin. Essential Oils are effective in addressing skin, body and mind disorders thanks to their rebalancing properties. Impermeable to water but permeable to gases and oils, the epidermis can easily absorb Essential Oils through the hair follicles and sweat glands to allow them to penetrate deep down. The rapid absorption of these oils allows us to turbo boost the effectiveness of other products by acting like a magnet and drawing them deeper in the skin to the dermis. This gives us magnified results and is why they are at the heart of every Decléor product.
Essential Oils can enter the body through application to the skin or inhalation.
Inhaling Essential Oils take 4 seconds for them to stimulate the highly sensitive cells at the back of our nostrils and send signals directly to the brain. These signals alert our limbic system which is directly connected to the parts of the brain that controls our memory, stress levels, hormonal and emotional balance. The limbic system in the brain is responsible for controlling all the physical, physiological and emotional responses that the body performs based on stimulus from the outside. This makes Essential Oils a powerful tool in treating our emotional state and can change and recharge your life. Next time you apply on of our Aromessence oil serums , take a deep breath and inhale the before applying it to the skin.
So you’ve heard all the benefits – now let’s take a look at which ones are right for you.
Best Essential Oil for my Skin Type
For Dehydrated Skin:
Neroli Essential Oil is at the heart of many Decleor products. Known for its benefits to increase hydration levels and improve the complexion of the skin it also leaves skin glowing. Neroli is ideal for those who have a dehydrated skin type or find that skin is lacking lustre and looking dull. Neroli Essential Oil is obtained from fresh flower buds of the bitter orange tree, cultivated in Tunisia. The fresh flower buds are harvested in late April/early May. Harvesting is delicate due to the risk of frosts before and during the harvest. 1 ton of flowers yields 500g of Neroli Essential Oil. Its composition comprises 120 molecules.
For Skin that’s lacking firmness, with slackened skin or wrinkles:
Iris Essential Oil has 3 main benefits on the skin. Iris Essential Oil is beneficial to target lines and wrinkles and loss of collagen and is suitable for a mature skin type with a skin age of 40+. It reduces the glycation ageing (the sugar damage build up), it increases the quality of the elastin fibers and has a boost on cell proliferation. Iris Essential Oil takes 6 years to create; 3 years to grow the root of Iris and 3 years to dry the root before distillation.
For Sensitive, Fragile, Reactive Skin:
Essential Oil of Damascena Rose is the queen of roses and comes from Turkey. It is a large pink potent flower and it is proven to strengthen the skins protection barrier. This makes it the ideal ingredient to use if your skin is suffering with sensitivity (through hormones, pregnancy, stress, hereditary) or if you notice that your skin type needs calming and soothing due to adult acne or rosacea. Damascena Rose helps to relieve sensitivity, soothe and calm the skin and reduce redness and inflammation whilst building the skin’s tolerance.
Very Dry Skin:
Marjoram is the Essential Oil of choice for those suffering with dry to very dry skin. Due to its natural affinity with the skins fluids, the Essential Oil can penetrate into the dermis and influence the genes of the skin (the genes can alter the way our skin behaves). Marjoram encourages your genes to make more lipids (oils) to lubricate, nourish and soften a very dry skin, treating the heart of the skin condition from within.
Oily and Combination Skin prone to Breakouts:
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil comes from Malaysia and is clinically proven to help reduce our own oil flow by 20%, limiting surface oiliness and shine. It is 1.5x more effective than salicylic acid to help refine the skin’s texture. Ylang Ylang Essential Oil is suitable for people suffering with breakouts and acne as it has antibacterial and antiseptic properties to deeply cleanse the skin. Essential Oils are a great treatment for an oily skin as oil attracts oil (fight fire with fire).
First Signs Of Ageing (expression lines, dehydration):
Mandarin Essential Oil has a triple action performance on stimulating the youthfulness of the skin. Mandarin Essential Oil helps the skin to repair from damage and protect and repair the skin cells whilst hydrating. It can alter the way that the skin behaves and helps to prevent wrinkles from appearing whilst correcting the appearance of those that have.
For Mature Skins (Loss of contour, loss of density, loss of colour and definition):
Magnolia Essential Oil is clinically proven to stimulate your body’s production of collagen and fibrillin (responsible for giving the skin elasticity) and also helps to increase the decorin in the skin. Magnolia Essential Oil acts like a support mattress for a more mature skin by helping to hold everything up. Magnolia Essential Oil helps to re shape, re cushion and re densify the skin.
For Anti-Oxidant Protection and Release of Mind Tension:
Sweet Orange Essential Oil is rich in antioxidants which help to protect our skin against harmful Free Radical Attack. It is also proven to help decrease wrinkles brighten the complexion, increase the circulation and has powerful anti-inflammatory properties. Sweet Orange Essential Oil is also proven to help ease anxiety and has a beneficial effect on people suffering with mind tension.
Discover our full range of Aromessence Oil Serums , which consist of masterfully blended Essential Oils ready to help treat any skin type, pick yours today. Also watch our skincare expert, Fiona Brackenbury share how to apply your Aromessence each morning.
Decléor Beauty Expert: Wendy Rowe
Wendy Rowe is an internationally renowned makeup artist and author, with a passion for skincare and wellness. A pioneer with skin, she is famous for popularising facial massage – something she does religiously with all her clients. Wendy believes in caring for the skin from the inside as well as the outside, and has a very holistic approach to skincare. With a host of A List clients including Victoria Beckham, Cara Delevigne, Sienna Miller and Anja Rubik, her work draws a constant stream of beauty questions from everyone she meets. Honest, frank and trusted – Wendy is both inspiring and down to earth. Wendy has adored Decléor since first discovering Aromessence Neroli, and her favourite body oil Aroma Nutrition Oil.
“I believe that beautiful skin comes first. I work with people at the highest level within their field, who have to look their absolute best every day, so learning how to achieve great skin has become a big part of my life.”
Decléor Skincare Specialist: Fiona Brackenbury
Fiona is Head of Training and Education, Treatment Development and Product Development for Decléor. After working in the industry for over 25 years, Fiona has a wealth of skin science knowledge and has been credited for giving superstar singer Adele her signature glow! The face of Decléor for QVC, she is a trusted voice in the industry due to her supreme understanding of what skin really needs. As part of Fiona’s role, she has not only developed products for the brand such as Aroma Cleanse 3 in 1 Hydra-Radiance Smoothing & Cleansing Mousse, but she also develops Decléor treatments too.
“Beauty and well-being are intrinsically linked, and I believe caring for your skin, body and mind is the key to flawless looking skin. A plant maintains its balance by selecting the best elements from its environment. Likewise, our skin also has its own natural ecosystem.”
Decléor Massage Development Specialist: Chico Shigeta
Acclaimed by the Paris elite, Chico Shigeta is the mastermind behind Decléor’s new spa protocols. As a devoted admirer of Solange Dessimoulie, the founder of the Decléor, Chico didn’t hesitate when she was given the opportunity to develop massage rituals for both Aroma Blend Refine & Firm and Facial Pilates. For months, in a laboratory, the Japanese masseuse perfected the customised rituals in association with essential oils, resulting in treatments that transform silhouettes and facial profiles. Working out of Paris, Chico is also a naturopath and author of books on detoxification. Chico Shigeta has trained managers of Decléor spas by teaching them about the importance of breathing to relax the body, and in working on aligning the body.
“For me, beauty cannot exist without a balanced body. Massage techniques allow us to activate the body from within, revealing a healthy foundation.”
Decléor Aromachology Expert: Patty Canac
Aromachologist Patty Canac’s olfactic journey began working with perfumers, testing and researching raw materials and mastering the world of scent. Her teachers passed on their knowledge which enabled Patty to develop her sense of smell and look deeper into the power of active scents to deeply re-balance emotion. Professor at the Higher Institute of perfume Versailles (ISIPCA) since 1991, Patty Canac also does public speaking on the subject.
“My life path has taken me from the realm of fragrance testing to that of Essential Oils and their olfactory properties. I have learned to open my mind and breathe in the very soul of the plant.”