Double cleansing, a two-step ritual for a perfect skin. What is double cleansin...
Essential Oils are the key to fabulous skin so…Revitalise your complexionSome ...
Retreat from busy urban life and enjoy delightful moments with our wellness blog...
My mission was simple: to share my passion for beauty with as many people as pos...
Saro essential oil is one of the most widely used essential oils in aromatherapy...
#FACEFACTS THIS SUMMER WITH DECLÉOR’S NEW POWERFUL PROTECTION AGAINST POLLUTION
Decléor launches NEW anti-pollution skincare range and professional facial treatment in collaboration with Nichola Joss, as part of our #FaceFacts campaign to protect skin from increasing pollution levels.
As the environment becomes more polluted, research is starting to reveal the potential health damage it is causing. At the start of 2017, it took London only five days to exceed its annual air pollution target (1). External factors such as pollution and UVs has been shown to clog the skin and cause premature ageing, as well as irritation, dehydration and uneven skin tone. Already 56% of women believe it’s necessary to protect their skin from pollution to prevent premature ageing(1). And with 62% UK women suffering from dehydrated skin(6), and £1 in every £5 spent on hydrating moisturizers(7), it is no wonder that pollution is one of the leading concerns when it comes to skin care.
We’re introducing two new targeted anti-pollution skin care products, a light day cream and eye gel – both powered by an innovative new ingredient, Baicalin, sourced from crystal clear lakes in China, known to protect against pollution and oxidation on the skin. Alongside the new skincare product innovation, Decléor spas nationwide will launch an anti-pollution facial designed in collaboration with Nichola Joss, for protection, hydration and radiance.
NEW DECLÉOR HYDRA FLORAL MOISTURE SHIELD ANTI-POLLUTION FACIAL
Designed by Decléor Skincare Expert, Nichola Joss, this signature facial uses three types of facial massage to help remove the harmful and ageing signs of pollution from the skin. The unique lymphatic drainage technique that Nichola is famed for, work to remove toxins and pollution from deep within your pores as well as on the surface, leaving skin deeply hydrated, glowing and radiant. Nichola feels passionately about the skin suffocation from pollution occurring daily to consumers in the UK, causing breakouts, congestion, dullness, slowing down oxygen levels and impacting cell renewal. This facial is Nichola and Decléor’s answer to protecting and replenishing the skin, while we clean up our air.
RRP £75 for 75 mins the Decléor Boutique & Day Spa and nationwide from June 2018
#FACEFACTS ON POLLUTION
Pollution is THE BUZZ-WORD when it comes to skin care. But what do we really mean by this and how does it affect the skin? When we talk about pollution we mean the particles and chemicals found in the air around us. These pollutants can build up on the skin and even penetrate through the upper layers. They can range from dirt, dust and everyday debris to airborne chemicals emitted from cars to cows! Some key offenders:
• Polycyclic Aromatic Hydro- carbons (PAHs),
• Nitrogen oxides (NOx)
• Particulate matter (PM) in different size and composition,
• Ozone (O3) on the ground level and
• Cigarette smoke
These particles are likely to stay on the skin until you cleanse. What's worse is that they can stick to the skin, its oils and of course creams and makeup to form a polluted film across the skin which suffocates cells resulting in:
• DULL SKIN, ACNE & BLOCKED PORES: Dirt & grime accumulate on the skin forming a fine layer of debris for dull skin, less able to breathe.
• IRRITATION & DRYNESS: Damaging the skin barrier or reducing the natural balance of the skin to function optimally, leads to irritated skin, dryness, discomfort but also eczema in more serious cases.
• LESS PROTECTION: Pollution cause free radicals, they attack the skin cells and prevent the cells working in the way they should, causing a depletion of the natural antioxidants.
• UNEVEN SKIN TONE AND PIGMENTATION: Some of the pollution chemicals and particles act on the melanocytes that increase the production of melanin in the skin, leading to uneven skin tone and dark spots.
• LINES AND WRINKLES: They also interact with our cells, damaging collagen and worsen the lines and wrinkles on the skin.
How to get the bridal glow by Celebrity Facialist and Decléor Skincare Expert, Nichola Joss
My golden skincare rules for brides
1. As the date moves closer, add essential lifting and toning facials into your routine. Decléor Yoga Lift Facial is a great treatment to see an immediate visable difference.
2. Teach yourself quick and effective facial massage techniques and practice them daily to naturally enhance your contours and give your skin a glow.
3. It is essential to take supplements for your skin. A probiotic for the body and gut health will help improve overall skin function too.
4. In your final few weeks stay away from acid peels, retinoids or aggressive facials. You should concentrate on massage with oils and balms to feed and nourish the skin and improve tone, texture and volume as well as adding radiance and luminosity.
5. On your wedding day, make sure you take time to treat your skin with facial massage. It will de-stress muscles removing tension and toxins. Your skin will look refreshed, toned and lifted.
The Bridal Kit
Decléor Aromessence Neroli Amara Oil Serum - Welcome the bridal glow with just 3-drops of this 100% natural Oil Serum. Achieve bright, radiant skin when used every morning alongside facial massage.
Decléor Prolagene Lift 1 Minute Mask - For the morning of the big day to lift and firm your natural contours, smooth your complexion and give you a flawless base for makeup application.
Decléor Neroli Amara Night Balm - This plumping balm gives an all over radiance boost and evens the texture of the skin for a more flawless finish ahead of your wedding. Massage into the face before bed.
Say I Do
to the complexion of your dreams...
Top tips from Fiona Brackenbury, Decleor Education Director
Before you say I do, get your complexion wedding ready and perfect your pre-wedding day regimen from day one of the wedding planning!
Day one - Practice good skin maintenance from the get go:
"It's time to get serious about your skincare. Find the perfect routine that suits your skin and stick to it. Start with the basics:
cleanse, tone and moisturise twice a day to see maximum results and don't forget your SPF!
Six months before - Schedule regular facials:
"Book in a course of facials to address any skin concerns, it's important to choose the perfect one for your skin problems, whether they are blackheads, clogged pores, fine lines or dehydration.
Fiona recommends: Decléor Vitamin Glow - a deeply cleansing, power-packed facial full of vitamins and anti-oxidants which leaves skin glowing with vitality.
One week before - Get some sleep:
"Over working, stress and lack of sleep may result in puffy eyes and dark circles. Try and get at least 8 hours per night to keep skin bright and under eye bags away!
Day of the Wedding - Create the perfect base:
"Hydrating your skin will make it glow, use a Hyaluronic Acid based product to plump fine lines and hydrate the skin creating a youthful glow.
Fiona’s Bridal Kit
Fiona recommends: Decleor Micellar Oil – formulated with fine oil particles which kick-start your microcirculation to boost radiance.
Decleor Aurabsolu Eye - infused with Caffeine to aid with last minute drainage and Orange Pigments deliver an instant illuminating effect."
Decleor White Petal Skin Perfecting Concentrate - an extra step in your routine to give you optimal hydration and radiance, whilst shrinking pores and brightening skin."
Wedding Skin Prep - Expert Tips
4 to 6 months before
- The best way to start the countdown is to begin having a facial; I would recommend our Award Winning Ultimate Vitamin glow facial. Power-packed with vitamins and anti-oxidants, everything your skin needs to regain that flawless complexion. It is the perfect facial to leave your skin glowing with vitality and balanced to perfection.
- Remain committed to your routine. It is time to ensure you have a good skincare regime. An effective skincare routine should make your skin look and feel healthy. Make sure you cleanse effectively, it is one of the most important steps in your routine.If you can introduce double cleansing at night-time, the first cleanse is to completely remove all the makeup, dirt and grime that is on the surface of the skin. The second cleanse is to deeply cleanse removing all the pollution particles that adhere to the skin and deeply cleanse the pores. I would recommend the first cleanse with the Bi Phase Cleanser, which can be used to remove your eye make-up as well as face make up. For the second cleanse follow with either Micellar water if you want quick routine or Micellar oil or essential cleansing milk to ensure the skin is completely clean.
- Hydration is the one area of your skin care routine that can really transform your skin. If you have sensitive skin quite often when the skin is parched, it causes more redness and inflammation. It’s the same for combination skin, when the skin is dehydrated and lacking water the skin becomes blocked and this is why we get breakouts. I would suggest for the next 3 month before the wedding to use Hydra Floral Hydrating Light Cream. The intelligent moisturiser works where your skin needs it, capturing, locking and diffusing moisture where your skin needs it most.
- On the day you will want your skin to its best, beautiful bridal make-up is achieved when the skin is smooth and glass like. On the day, you will want your foundation to look perfect to achieve that a smooth you will need to ensure you exfoliate once a week for that barefaced beauty look. I would recommend that you start with the Phytopeel to ensure your skin is deeply cleansed and the dead skin cells are removed effectively and with skin integrity.
- Not only are going to pay special attention to your skin but you are going to want your hair to have that gorgeous mirror shine on the day. I would recommend that you use Satin Softening dry oil especially if you suffer with dry split ends. Spritz in the hair, paying particular attention to the ends and leave to work its magic overnight as an intensive treatment hair mask or can be mixed with your hair conditioner to make it even more nourishing. The Satin Softening Dry Oil is an amazing body oil too, so ensure you apply this daily to leave the skin soft and supple.
- It is now time to step the routine up and include a high level of exfoliation to refine the texture. I would recommend 2 months before the big day introducing Hydra Floral White Petal Skin-Perfecting Concentrate. The skin perfecting concentrate will refine the skin texture, smooth the appearance of fine lines and increase the hydration levels leaving it imperfection free and will deliver that perfectly smooth glass like texture.
- Tanning is always tricking, do you self-tan, and do you run the risk of it being too dark or too orange. Now is the time to start to practise and find the perfect tan. I would recommend the body firming and hydrating Gradual glow gives a natural sun kissed Mediterranean glow and a colour you are in control of.
Do not forget exfoliating on the body too. Exfoliating your skin regularly is one of the best things you can do for your complexion as it encourages new cell regeneration, which results in brighter looking skin. On the day you exfoliate your face why not combine and make it complete top to toe exfoliation. Perfect to ensure the back, the arms are smoothed and hydrated. I would recommend the 1000 Grain Exfoliater its double exfoliation thanks to the orange zest, sugar and Argan.
1– 2 months before
After completely the last 3 months, increasing the hydration levels, it is now time to boost the radiance and achieving the perfect complexion, that is looks fresh, hydrated and flawless. The Aurabsolu Intense Glow Awakening Cream and Intense Glow Eye Corrector for a radiant youthful and airbrushed complexion and puts the sparkle back in the eye area all day long.
Boost weekly your hydration levels with Hydra Floral Ultra Moisturising & Plumping Expert Mask. Use to treat dehydration and plump out lines and wrinkles with Hyaluronic acid. Skin is flooded with moisture which is then locked into the skin and diffused for maximum moisture.
2 week before
- Time to have your last facial and then ensure you pick up the professional sheet mask, which is used in the brilliant Jasmin Glow Power Boost Facial. This sheet masks delivers the results of the skin looking like it has had 8hrs sleep, it leaves the skin stunningly radiant, rested and flawless. The hydrogel technology and cools and firms the skin In just 10 minutes. I would recommend you use this the week before and then the night before. If you have your bridesmaid with you the night before you could all apply the sheet mask on together.
- Don’t forget your lips! 2 weeks to go we need to exfoliate the lips and apply daily and particularly in the evening, the Intense Nutrition lip balm that will cocoon and drip feed the beautiful oils to the delicate tissue that forms the lips.
- There will be a lot of focus on your hands on the big day. Make sure you exfoliate the hands and apply your day cream as a mask whilst you sleep at night-time. Do not forget daily to apply hand cream to condition the hands and nails.
On the big day
- Keep your make-up looking fresh and achieve the long lasting results for those perfect wedding photos, spray the Aurabsolu refreshing mist over your make up once finished its sets make-up perfectly without the need to reapply and re-energises throughout the day. Contains Salicylic acid to refine skin texture and Mint flower water to refresh tired skin.
- Apply Aromessence Neroli Amara your super serum before you moisturise. Inhale this super serum before applying to get the added relaxation benefits of this incredible little facial oil. Clinically proven to increase your feeling of wellbeing by 96% when inhaled, great for calming any stressful situations on the big day! Apply before moisturising to ensure skin is hydrated and plumped so that it does not turn to your make up when looking for added moisture. It will also enhance the results of your chosen moisturiser to give you reliable results on the day when you need your skin to be in perfect condition for your make up to sit on.
- Use our Aurabsolu eye cream, which contains peach pigments to brighten and illuminate the eye area for the big day.
Double cleansing, a two-step ritual for a perfect skin.
What is double cleansing?
Cleansing twice is essential for cleansing the skin and removing all impurities. Using a mix of water and oil will make your cleanser more efficient. That is why oil-based cleansers are used to remove oil-based impurities: sebum, sunscreen and makeup. Whilst water-based cleansers gets rid of water-based impurities: sweat, old skin cells, bacteria and dust. Thanks to double cleansing, you’re only a few cotton pads away from clean and beautiful skin!
Which cleanser is right for you?
It is no secret that cleansing is the most essential step of a beauty routine – especially before going to bed. By addressing and removing every type of impurity, double cleansing leaves the face glowing and you can maintain beautiful skin, day after day.
For every skin type, from oily to extremely dry or sensitive, double cleansing is essential to include in your beauty routine. Find the cleanser that suits you best and try different water-based cleansers to test various textures: do you prefer a milk lotion, a creamy foam, a fresh gel, a micellar water or a micellar oil? You will find your perfect cleanser in our Aroma Cleanse range.
This two-step ritual also prepares your skin to boost the efficacy of the other products in your skincare routine. Apply your night balm, your favourite serum or any products you love from your skincare routine after double cleansing, to boost its benefits: you’ll see the difference almost instantaneously!
Nichola Joss, Decleor Skincare Expert says:
‘‘Cleansing is the most important part of your routine. Removing make up, grime, and pollution and deeper cleansing the skin to help remove toxins and congestion. Cleansing also encourages you to massage your skin which is also good for lymph drainage, de-stressing muscle tissue and building circulation of blood which is rich in nutrients and oxygen for feeding skin cells. I adore the new Bi-Phase Cleanser. It has the gentlest of textures which smooths onto the skin, easily absorbing and cleansing away make up and pollution but also encouraging a massage to deeper cleanse with the Bi-Phase Cleanser. It’s fantastic to use in the morning for a refreshing cleanse and then also in the evening as a double cleanse to remove the days make up and pollution. It leaves the skin beautifully soft and hydrated.
Morning cleanse is about removing any puffiness and dead skin cells. Lightly and gently apply the cleanser to a pad and sweep across face to awaken and cleanse. For an evening deeper double cleanse you can apply onto palms of hands and massage into skin really deeply cleansing. Remove with a warm damp muslin cloth/face flannel’’
As the days are shorter, the air is cold and the nights are long, the best thing you can do to keep your radiant complexion and healthy overall glow is adopt a relaxing routine with before you go to bed.
Take advantage of the longer nights by starting your beauty routine and going to bed early. After all, it’s called beauty sleep for a reason. While binge-watching your favourite series seems tempting when it’s cold outside, choosing instead to hit the hay early will reap impressive benefits.
Start out your evening wind-down by making yourself a herbal tea to enjoy as you completely rid your face of all makeup and environmental pollution with a deep cleanse. Decléor’s Aroma Cleanse range gently cleans and repairs skin, while the relaxing aromas help you to de-stress and get ready for a deep sleep. The Cleansing Milk is a light, silky cleanser that protects and softens all skin types. The light-textured, professional-strength lotion with a fresh sparkling scent, effortlessly removes make-up and impurities to leave your skin exceptionally clean and smooth. Active ingredients include detoxifying Green Tea Essential Water to help remove dirt and tighten pores for a clearer, more radiant complexion, Sweet Almond Oil to leave skin beautifully soft and comfortable, and heavenly-fragranced Neroli Essential Oil to help protect, repair and fight against dehydration. You can follow up with the Essential Tonifying Lotion to gently tone skin and reduce dryness as it moisturizes and awakens the skin. The gentle, paraben-free toner contains Néroli Essential Oil to protect and repair the skin whilst helping to fight dehydration, leaving skin moisturized and radiant.
Next, take a deep breath, close your eyes, and apply the new Aromessence Neroli Amara Night Balm to your face gently massaging your face as you inhale the deliciously intoxicating essential oils that will regenerate your skin while you sleep and leave you with a glowing complexion when you wake. Pamper your tired eyes with Prolagène Lift Lavandula Iris Lift and Firm Eye Cream. Delicately massage the contour of your eyes as you apply the cream and don’t hesitate to gently extend this gesture to the area around the mouth, which like the eye area, has thinner, more fragile skin that tends to wrinkle faster than other parts of the face.
Disconnect From Tech, and Reconnect with Your Inner Vibrancy
Do yourself a favour, each night before bed, turn off your phone, tablet and television and take time for you. Relax and warm your muscles with light yoga or stretching. Gently massage your arms, legs, feet and hands to get the blood flowing and start an overnight healing process so you can wake up completely rejuvenated.
For those looking to renew dull, tired skin, Aroma Svelt Body Refining Oil Serum is perfect. The refining oil serum of 100% natural origin helps reduce the appearance of orange-peel skin and invigorate the mind. Follow up by covering your body with the Aroma Svelt Body Cream to nourish and beautify the skin. Associated with self-massage gestures, it helps improve skin firmness and elasticity. The skin appears immediately smoothed, soft and supple and feels more toned. Its fresh and floral scent associated with Grapefruit Essential Oil stimulates the mind. Night after night, the skin will regain its vitality.
And last but not least, relax bundled up in bed with a good book until your eyes can no longer stay open. After a good night’s rest wrapped up in Decléor, you will begin the next day beautiful, radiant and full of much needed vibrancy.
Everyone knows that the most important beauty essential is a good night’s sleep, but during these colder months sometimes that doesn’t seem to be enough. Just as winter is in full force and you feel like there is no hope for your complexion, Decléor has launched new products: Aromessence Night Balms. These 100% natural balms hydrate and revive tired-looking skin while you sleep. The unique formula gives a whole new meaning to beauty rest as the ultra-nourishing and self-protective natural wax structure is paired with powerful essential oils that relax and aid the body to drift into a deep, healing sleep. The result leaves you feeling invigorated and your skin rejuvenated. The new Aromessence Lavandula Iris and Aromessence Neroli Amara Night Balms are real botanical powerhouses that will renew your skin. You’ll wake up with transformed skin: recharged, bright and fresh.
Night oils for glowing skin
The extraordinary thing about Decléor Night Balms are their abundant essential oils that not only do wonders for your skin, but also relax and calm you so you can enjoy a deep sleep. There are several Aromessence Night Balms to choose from, it’s best to find the right fit for your skin and sleep needs.
The Aromessence Magnolia Youthful Night Balm is part of the Orexcellence range. This night balm, made from 100% natural origin ingredients and formulated with botanical Shea butter, re-energises the skin throughout the night. The skin looks plumper and firmed, with a fresh and luminous glow. Magnolia Essential Oil has a relaxing effect and reduces stress and anxiety. It also is said to boost creativity and improve sleep.
The Aromessence Lavandula Iris Night Balm is an uplifting and revitalizing night balm that comforts mature skin at night when the skin is most receptive. This sensual and aromatic balm relaxes the senses before sleep and has a heavenly melt-in texture allowing it to be rapidly absorbed. It intensely moisturizes and comforts mature skin to leave it energised, toned, and facial contours redefined. Wake up to plumped, soft and beautifully rested skin. Key ingredients include essential oils of Iris to tone the skin and increase cell renewal, Geranium to soothe the skin and reduce lines and wrinkles, calming Camomile, relaxing Lavender, plus Wheat Germ to help reduce lipid deterioration and Borage to reduce dehydration.
Those with sensitive skin will appreciate the Aromessence Rose d’Orient Night Balm, a 100% natural night-time treatment to soothe and comfort sensitive skin types. With a gentle floral fragrance to relax the skin and senses, this tailor-made aromatic night-time treatment for sensitive and reactive skin types calms, softens and soothes. Its rich, sumptuous texture is easily absorbed by the skin leaving the 100% natural balm to work overnight when your skin is at its most receptive. Active ingredients include calming Neroli and Rose Essential Oils, Almond to protect against external irritations, Rice Wax to protect and improve skin structure, plus Beeswax to soften. Wake up to softer, smoother skin that feels rested, relaxed and calm.
Oily skins will greatly benefit from the Aromessence Ylang Ylang Night Balm, a 100% natural balm that purifies and rebalances oily skin types overnight. This aromatic balm has a dry touch yet an indulgent melt-in texture to offer the perfect night-time treatment for combination and oily skin types. A powerful concentrated blend of essential oils purify and rebalance the skin through the night so you can wake up to a cleaner, clearer, more radiant complexion with imperfections and inflammations visibly reduced. Active ingredients include Madagascan Ylang Ylang to tone and soothe, Clary Sage to reduce sebum production, Rosemary to purify, Lemon to cleanse and tighten pores, plus Lavender to help hydrate and repair the skin. A comfortable dry texture, especially formulated for combination to oily skin types using Vegetable Oils made from passion fruit, camellia and hazel nut. Ylang-ylang flowers, native to Indonesia, produce an oil that is effective in reducing anxiety and stress thanks to its sedative effects.
Dryer skins will thrive with Aromessence Marjolaine Nourishing Night Balm, an ultra-regenerating, luxurious night balm to repair and soothe. This meltingly soft balm with an uplifting, fruity scent helps repair and regenerate skin throughout the night so you can wake up to perfectly smoothed and supple skin that looks brighter and more radiant. Active ingredients include Marjoram, Myrrh and Lavender Essential Oils for their moisturizing and nourishing properties, Cocoa and Shea Butters to nurture the skin and envelop it in a cocoon of comfort, plus Cranberry, Argan and Avocado Oils to enrich the skin with vital nutrients and boost its natural protection. Deep sleep is assured thanks to the Myrrh and Lavender: you’ll wake up to a whole new you!
This winter, keep the chapped skin and fatigue at bay with the lovely essential oils in Aromessence Night Balms. Their exquisite texture, thanks to a unique formula combining powerful essential oils with natural waxes, is ultra-nourishing and protective.
Their delicate mixtures of essential oils will heal and relax you, ensuring the maximum amount of beauty sleep. The deep healing and relaxing properties will have you looking and feeling better than ever!
Aromatherapy skincare brand, Decléor announced today their ambassadorship with internationally renowned celebrity facialist Nichola Joss.
Nichola is the beauty therapist of choice for a host of A-list beauties such as Meghan Markle, Kate Moss, Scarlett Johansson, Hilary Swank, Gisele Bundchen and Elle Macpherson. Best known for her miraculous lymphatic drainage massage facials, Nichola is one of the few therapists who can literally tone and improve the texture of skin with a mere wave of her hands. Her signature hands on style is the perfect complement to Decléor’s renowned facials, improving the tone, texture and condition of the skin through professional expertise and exceptional Decléor products.
A leader in aromatherapy skincare, Decléor’s Skin Body Mind philosophy embodies Nichola’s own holistic approach to facials and skin care, that has seen her become one of the most famed facialists in the world.
Nichola Joss says, “I have been using Decléor for over 20 years and to this day will always make sure it’s in my kit. Good skin doesn’t happen by chance, and I trust Decléor’s Oils and Balms to help me transform my client’s skin!”
As a beauty therapist, Nichola combines all of her experience to offer well informed treatments that yield immediate results, and have her clients coming back for more. She believes in tailoring each facial and massage to the clients’ specific needs, carefully selecting the right products to achieve the right purpose.
Nichola’s Golden Rules to achieving healthy skin at any age
- Make sure you start with a good daily cleansing routine – so make it easy for yourself and try not to skip this step. It’s essential to make sure the skin is properly cleansed, especially if you are wearing makeup or in a polluted area i.e cities, to helpkeep skin healthy and youthful
- SPF is essential to protect the skin from damaging UV rays which when combined with pollution damage can increase the premature ageing.
- Touch your skin! Massaging the skin daily helps remove tension and stress and allows your muscles to stay as toned, healthy and contoured as possible. Massaging the skin will also keep you free of toxins and fluids reducing puffiness adding radiance glow and vitality
- Good skin also starts within, so it helps to have a clean diet. I add supplements and probiotics to enhance organ functions and keep me as healthy as possible, resulting in more youthful skin
Nichola’s favourite Decléor products for Spring
Aromessence Magnolia Youthful Oil Serum. It gives an instant glow and luminosity to my skin adding dewiness and energy, reviving it after the winter months.
Aromessence Neroli Amara Night Balm. I am a huge fan of this balm as I love the texture and softness it gives to the skin. It melts on for easy massage and the natural floral fragrance is a bedtime treat for my skin and mind.
SARDINE: T H E Y O U T H - R E S T O R I N G F I S H
The nutritional benefits of oily fish like sardines are so massive that, when I eat them, each mouthful feels as though it’s doing me good. If you imagine all the oils concentrated in the flesh of these fish, those are the very oils that you need for your skin. Loaded with omega-3s, essential fatty acids that have to be obtained from the diet as the body can’t produce them itself, sardines are known to help promote collagen production, keeping the skin looking plump, smooth and hydrated. The nutrients in sardines offer a host of other benefits, including improved heart health, enhanced brain function and more stable blood sugar levels. They have been shown to help boost the metabolism and decrease inflammation, as well as minimise sebum production and reduce the congestion that leads to blocked pores – making sardines a bit of a miracle worker for the whole body. Nutrients include selenium, which helps to protect the skin from UV light and to repair damage caused by the sun – just the thing after a long summer. Sardines are also a rich source of vitamin D, essential for healthy bones and teeth and good for mental well-being. This vitamin is otherwise obtainable only from sunlight, making a food source particularly important during the colder months when there is less sun. So if it’s dark and chilly outside, tucking into a plate of vitamin D-rich sardines should put a smile back on your face – especially when you think of all those wonderful skinbenefiting omega-3s getting to work!
I keep tins of sardines in my cupboard to have as a simple snack – great on toast with a sprinkling of sea salt and cracked black pepper. While they’re lower in mercury than other sea fish, it’s important to buy wild-caught sardines and opt for those packed in water or oil, rather than brine – you can always add the salt later. Even better, buy them fresh from your fishmonger. Bursting with flavour, they need very little to enhance them – just a few herbs and a squeeze of lemon.
280 Calories per serving
1. Place the flour in a bowl with 2 tablespoons of water and knead together to make a dough. (Buckwheat can be quite sticky so you may need to add more flour.)
2. Roll the dough into a tube and slice into four sections. On a work surface lightly dusted with flour, roll each piece out into a flatbread about 3mm thick.
3. Heat a little coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, add a flatbread and cook on each side for 2–3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate and cook the remaining flatbreads in the same way.
4. Meanwhile, cook the sardines. Melt 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a frying pan and add the sardines, parsley and lemon juice. Season with a little salt and pepper and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or until cooked through (see tip below).
5. To assemble, place slices of radish on top of each flatbread, top with a sardine and serve with extra parsley sprinkled over and a wedge of lemon.
The only downside of cooking fresh sardines is that they will stink your house out! To avoid this, simply cook outdoors on a barbecue.
• Fatty acids:
-All nine essential amino acids
Juicy sun-ripened figs remind me so much of summers spent in Majorca, where the fruit grows everywhere. I hated figs as a kid; my only experience of them was in dried form in the processed filling of fig rolls – a favourite of my dad’s – or something dried that you ate to make you go to the toilet. Of course, as a child I didn’t care about the importance of ‘being regular’. Oh, how things have changed since then! These days you’re able to buy fresh figs much more easily, especially in southern climes. I have a few glamorous friends – mentioning no names – with places abroad that have quite amazing gardens with fig trees growing in them. You don’t need to be glamorous to have fig trees, of course, and you don’t even need fig trees – just a good supplier. Figs are full of fibre, so I don’t feel guilty about eating the sweet fruit because it will flush through me in a day, and anything that moves through the body really quickly, allowing it to absorb other nutrients more efficiently, is always good. Anything that flushes through the system also helps to detoxify the skin, making figs excellent for treating skin conditions like psoriasis or acne. In addition to the roughage they contain, the fresh fruits provide natural sweetness, making them a brilliant way to sweeten dishes as an alternative to refined sugar.
230 Calories per serving
Good for detoxifying the system, figs add a touch of natural sweetness, providing a healthier alternative to processed sugars, which can be detrimental to your skin.
1. Break the burrata or mozzarella into bite-sized pieces and place in a bowl with the figs. Add the rocket and mix well to make sure everything is evenly distributed.
2. Dress at the last minute, drizzling over the olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a zigzag motion and scatter over basil leaves to serve.
When it comes to makeup, those in the know will be quick to tell you that the best looks start with great skincare. It’s the step that can’t be skipped in the quest for natural looking radiance, but often the hardest one to nail. So when we saw Barefaced Beauty trending across the board at Spring Summer 2017 Fashion Week, we knew the demand for fresh glowing skin had been set into motion once more! Barely There Makeup and Clean Skin took centre stage both on and off the catwalk, signalling the start of the Barefaced Beauty trend. Skin is officially in.
To get the Barefaced Beauty look, skincare is a must. Gentle cleansers, and soothing moisturisers will help even the skin tone and reduce redness or inflammation. Whilst keeping the skin hydrated is key for a clear complexion. Nourishing and hydrating Facial Oils continue to take the beauty industry by storm, and are an essential step in prepping the skin. Sheet masks have gone from niche skincare secret to A List essential and for good reason too! Think of it as an at home facial – in just 10 minutes your skin will be rejuvenated, and glowing with natural luminosity. We love our Decléor Aurabsolu sheet mask as it comes in two parts, so it’s fuss free and easy to use.
After skin is prepped and ready, a little extra coverage helps to accomplish the barely there look without feeling exposed. Choose BB creams, or light foundations – only applying on the parts of the face that need evening out and make sure you blend well. Tinted lip balms really make the lips pop whilst still looking natural, so opt for one that complements your skin’s natural undertones. If you’ve prepped your eye area with skincare and it’s really hydrated, your eye makeup will look less cakey and more fresh and natural.
Whichever makeup you choose to follow your skin prep, the real trick to this beauty look has everything to do with what is underneath it. So nail your skincare routine, and the rest will follow!
Read on for our Barefaced Beauty Decléor Edit.
CLEANSE WITH BENEFITS
The first step to barefaced beauty - always cleanse! Impurities can build up overnight, as well as during the day. So banish them for a beautiful, clean complexion.
The micelle technology in Decléor Micellar Oil clings on to dirt and makeup on the skin and dissolve them, leaving behind a clean, hydrated finish. Sweet Almond Oil, rich in essential fatty acids, helps to strengthen and soothe the skin
RECLAIM YOUR GLOW
Every barefaced beauty needs a face oil – to boost skin hydration, radiance and recharge your mind. Think you’re not a face oil person? Read on and think again!
100% natural, Decléor Aromessence Neroli Amara Hydrating Oil Serum is packed with the highest grade of essential oils (Néroli, Sweet Orange, Petitgrain, Juniper Berry, Sandalwood, Clary Sage), and cold pressed botanical oil (Hazelnut Virgin Oil). Non-sticky, non-shiny, the fine silky texture absorbs instantly. If following with makeup, you'll find it blending seamlessly, not sliding right off. What’s more, just three drops will do the trick for your entire face.
If you want to master barefaced beauty – you need to revive skin’s luminosity.
Using the purest form of Jasmine Absolute, Decléor Aurabsolu Mask Intense Glow Hydrogel Mask awakens skin and reveals a new radiance. Skin is imbued with vitality and glow is restored. Decléor’s Jasmine is harvested in the first morning light by hand to preserve the entire petal power.
HYDRATE AND PROTECT
Every Barefaced Beauty need protection. Pollution and emotional stress can accentuate dehydration, and irritate skin. Hydrate and protect simultaneously, with a veil of SPF protection and UVB filter.
The fresh, super light texture of Decléor Hydra Floral Anti-Pollution Hydrating Fluid leaves skin feeling hydrated and comfortable. Drenching the skin with hyaluronic acid, it also plumps fine lines. Moringa Olifeira micro proteins protect against antioxidant attacks, pollution and free radicals.
BE BRIGHT EYED
Barefaced beauty’s listen up! If you’re going light on makeup, you’ll want to reduce dark circles, firm and revitalise the eye area.
No need for concealer, Decléor Aurabsolu Intense Glow for Eyes Dark Circle Corrector targets darkness and dullness in a delicate area prone to fatigue. Stimulating caffeine aids drainage whilst vitamins B3 and CG help to protect and brighten the eye area. Orange Pigments deliver an instant illuminating effect.
Your new handbag essential – it can even be used over makeup!
NEW HYDRA FLORAL WHITE PETAL
For brighter skin, also try our new glowing collection, Hydra Floral White Petal . This skin brightening and perfecting ritual gives a fresh and radiant look, using Pea Extract to reduce dark spots and Chamomile to help soothe the skin. Add our hero products to your regime, our Skin Perfecting Concentrate, apply before your Aromessence Oil Serum for a brighter complexion. Then our Skin Perfecting Hydrating Sleeping Mask , is a must have weekly treat, wake up to transformed and radiant looking skin!
1. Applying a face mask is one of the quickest ways to revive tired skin. I love Decléor’s Aurabsolu Hydrogel Mask; it is a fuss free sheet mask which comes in two parts which means it actually fits the face properly and unlike most sheet masks. You can actually move around and do things whilst you have it on. Sheet masks work to instantly plump, hydrate and brighten tired, lacklustre skin and is ideal for applying after a flight, après ski or before a party or special event as it only takes 10 minutes or so to see the results on the skin. Sometimes I will put the packet in warm water before I unwrap the mask so that I can use it as a heat treatment to deeply nourish and penetrate the skin - and other times when I want a refreshing effect, I will pop it in the freezer for a few minutes first and apply it as a cooling treatment mask.
2. Dark circles under the eyes are a real giveaway for tiredness. Try incorporating a spoonful of molasses into your diet, over time it can help to eradicate dark circles for a brighter looking complexion. For an instant effect try Decléor Aroma Lisse 2-in-1 Dark Circle & Eye Wrinkle Eraser it immediately targets darkness and dullness, and Orange Pigments deliver an instant illuminating and glowing skin effect.
3. Facial massage is one of the best ways to pep up tired skin as it works to keep the blood circulating and flowing to the surface, helping to flush out toxins for a more lifted, brighter look. Spending time massaging the skin, especially working on the lymph nodes, is super effective and something I always make time for. You can easily incorporate facial massage into your routine by doing it whilst you cleanse, moisturise or even whilst using a cream face mask. Decléor’s Orexcellence Energy Concentrate Youth Mask is a great mask to apply before facial massage, especially for more mature skin - it uses Lychee and Peony which helps plump, firm and restore a glow to dull complexions.
4. People often forget about keeping their neck, décolletage and hands hydrated, but the skin is very delicate on these parts of the body so any signs of tiredness really show up. I love to use Decléor’s Aromessence Neroli Oil Serum after a workout as its 100% natural and uses a very high quality Neroli. I rub 3 drops between my hands to warm it up before inhaling and breathing in deeply from my diaphragm to ground myself for a moment. I press any leftover oil into my hands, chest, and around the back of my neck to make sure I don’t forget to take care of these areas
5. Whenever the body is tired or run down, it always shows in the skin on the lips which can become dry, flaky and chapped - especially in winter with the dehydrating effects of central heating. It’s really important not to forget to protect and hydrate the lips - try using Decléor’s Intense Nutrition Lip balm to deeply nourish the skin and keep them smooth and hydrated.
6. A refreshing mist is another staple for me when I want to quickly revive tired, dull skin. Often, mists just consist of water which doesn’t hold moisture in the skin, but Decléor’s Aurabsolu Refreshing Mist also contains a blend of essential oils which provide an instant boost of hydration to the skin and helps to lock in the moisture - perfect for reviving the skin on your face, body and even on your feet.
7. A balanced diet is so important when it comes to keeping the body functioning properly and boosting energy levels to combat the signs of tiredness, but it's something you have to stick to - there's no shortcut. Iron is really important for combating tiredness and is really important for healthy skin and hair. Eggs, kale and dark chocolate are all good sources.
8. Exercise is one of the best ways to boost the skin - it sends the blood rushing to the skin which gives a luminous glow. It's one of the best things you can do to energise your skin and body- even just 20 minutes will make you look more awake!
Our Decléor Skincare Specialist Fiona Brackenbury knows a thing or two about Essential Oils. Having worked in the industry for over 25 years, she is a fountain of knowledge on all things skin! Here she shares with us the lowdown on the best Essential Oils, and which ones to try for your skin type.
“Essential Oils are one of the most powerful part of the pant and can be extracted from the roots, blossoms, leaves and fruits of plants. Mostly famously documented the Egyptians used Essential Oils in the mummification process to preserve the organs. Each has 150 active molecules and is a potent power packed ingredient.
Essential Oils have the same molecular structure as our blood and lymph. Therefore the body recognises them and can absorb them into the skin to the deepest layer – the dermis. They are one of the quickest ingredients to be absorbed into the skin. Essential Oils are effective in addressing skin, body and mind disorders thanks to their rebalancing properties. Impermeable to water but permeable to gases and oils, the epidermis can easily absorb Essential Oils through the hair follicles and sweat glands to allow them to penetrate deep down. The rapid absorption of these oils allows us to turbo boost the effectiveness of other products by acting like a magnet and drawing them deeper in the skin to the dermis. This gives us magnified results and is why they are at the heart of every Decléor product.
Essential Oils can enter the body through application to the skin or inhalation.
Inhaling Essential Oils take 4 seconds for them to stimulate the highly sensitive cells at the back of our nostrils and send signals directly to the brain. These signals alert our limbic system which is directly connected to the parts of the brain that controls our memory, stress levels, hormonal and emotional balance. The limbic system in the brain is responsible for controlling all the physical, physiological and emotional responses that the body performs based on stimulus from the outside. This makes Essential Oils a powerful tool in treating our emotional state and can change and recharge your life. Next time you apply on of our Aromessence oil serums , take a deep breath and inhale the before applying it to the skin.
So you’ve heard all the benefits – now let’s take a look at which ones are right for you.
Best Essential Oil for my Skin Type
For Dehydrated Skin:
Neroli Essential Oil is at the heart of many Decleor products. Known for its benefits to increase hydration levels and improve the complexion of the skin it also leaves skin glowing. Neroli is ideal for those who have a dehydrated skin type or find that skin is lacking lustre and looking dull. Neroli Essential Oil is obtained from fresh flower buds of the bitter orange tree, cultivated in Tunisia. The fresh flower buds are harvested in late April/early May. Harvesting is delicate due to the risk of frosts before and during the harvest. 1 ton of flowers yields 500g of Neroli Essential Oil. Its composition comprises 120 molecules.
For Skin that’s lacking firmness, with slackened skin or wrinkles:
Iris Essential Oil has 3 main benefits on the skin. Iris Essential Oil is beneficial to target lines and wrinkles and loss of collagen and is suitable for a mature skin type with a skin age of 40+. It reduces the glycation ageing (the sugar damage build up), it increases the quality of the elastin fibers and has a boost on cell proliferation. Iris Essential Oil takes 6 years to create; 3 years to grow the root of Iris and 3 years to dry the root before distillation.
For Sensitive, Fragile, Reactive Skin:
Essential Oil of Damascena Rose is the queen of roses and comes from Turkey. It is a large pink potent flower and it is proven to strengthen the skins protection barrier. This makes it the ideal ingredient to use if your skin is suffering with sensitivity (through hormones, pregnancy, stress, hereditary) or if you notice that your skin type needs calming and soothing due to adult acne or rosacea. Damascena Rose helps to relieve sensitivity, soothe and calm the skin and reduce redness and inflammation whilst building the skin’s tolerance.
Very Dry Skin:
Marjoram is the Essential Oil of choice for those suffering with dry to very dry skin. Due to its natural affinity with the skins fluids, the Essential Oil can penetrate into the dermis and influence the genes of the skin (the genes can alter the way our skin behaves). Marjoram encourages your genes to make more lipids (oils) to lubricate, nourish and soften a very dry skin, treating the heart of the skin condition from within.
Oily and Combination Skin prone to Breakouts:
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil comes from Malaysia and is clinically proven to help reduce our own oil flow by 20%, limiting surface oiliness and shine. It is 1.5x more effective than salicylic acid to help refine the skin’s texture. Ylang Ylang Essential Oil is suitable for people suffering with breakouts and acne as it has antibacterial and antiseptic properties to deeply cleanse the skin. Essential Oils are a great treatment for an oily skin as oil attracts oil (fight fire with fire).
First Signs Of Ageing (expression lines, dehydration):
Mandarin Essential Oil has a triple action performance on stimulating the youthfulness of the skin. Mandarin Essential Oil helps the skin to repair from damage and protect and repair the skin cells whilst hydrating. It can alter the way that the skin behaves and helps to prevent wrinkles from appearing whilst correcting the appearance of those that have.
For Mature Skins (Loss of contour, loss of density, loss of colour and definition):
Magnolia Essential Oil is clinically proven to stimulate your body’s production of collagen and fibrillin (responsible for giving the skin elasticity) and also helps to increase the decorin in the skin. Magnolia Essential Oil acts like a support mattress for a more mature skin by helping to hold everything up. Magnolia Essential Oil helps to re shape, re cushion and re densify the skin.
For Anti-Oxidant Protection and Release of Mind Tension:
Sweet Orange Essential Oil is rich in antioxidants which help to protect our skin against harmful Free Radical Attack. It is also proven to help decrease wrinkles brighten the complexion, increase the circulation and has powerful anti-inflammatory properties. Sweet Orange Essential Oil is also proven to help ease anxiety and has a beneficial effect on people suffering with mind tension.
Discover our full range of Aromessence Oil Serums , which consist of masterfully blended Essential Oils ready to help treat any skin type, pick yours today. Also watch our skincare expert, Fiona Brackenbury share how to apply your Aromessence each morning.
Decléor Beauty Expert: Wendy Rowe
Wendy Rowe is an internationally renowned makeup artist and author, with a passion for skincare and wellness. A pioneer with skin, she is famous for popularising facial massage – something she does religiously with all her clients. Wendy believes in caring for the skin from the inside as well as the outside, and has a very holistic approach to skincare. With a host of A List clients including Victoria Beckham, Cara Delevigne, Sienna Miller and Anja Rubik, her work draws a constant stream of beauty questions from everyone she meets. Honest, frank and trusted – Wendy is both inspiring and down to earth. Wendy has adored Decléor since first discovering Aromessence Neroli, and her favourite body oil Aroma Nutrition Oil.
“I believe that beautiful skin comes first. I work with people at the highest level within their field, who have to look their absolute best every day, so learning how to achieve great skin has become a big part of my life.”
Decléor Skincare Specialist: Fiona Brackenbury
Fiona is Head of Training and Education, Treatment Development and Product Development for Decléor. After working in the industry for over 25 years, Fiona has a wealth of skin science knowledge and has been credited for giving superstar singer Adele her signature glow! The face of Decléor for QVC, she is a trusted voice in the industry due to her supreme understanding of what skin really needs. As part of Fiona’s role, she has not only developed products for the brand such as Aroma Cleanse 3 in 1 Hydra-Radiance Smoothing & Cleansing Mousse, but she also develops Decléor treatments too.
“Beauty and well-being are intrinsically linked, and I believe caring for your skin, body and mind is the key to flawless looking skin. A plant maintains its balance by selecting the best elements from its environment. Likewise, our skin also has its own natural ecosystem.”
Decléor Massage Development Specialist: Chico Shigeta
Acclaimed by the Paris elite, Chico Shigeta is the mastermind behind Decléor’s new spa protocols. As a devoted admirer of Solange Dessimoulie, the founder of the Decléor, Chico didn’t hesitate when she was given the opportunity to develop massage rituals for both Aroma Blend Refine & Firm and Facial Pilates. For months, in a laboratory, the Japanese masseuse perfected the customised rituals in association with essential oils, resulting in treatments that transform silhouettes and facial profiles. Working out of Paris, Chico is also a naturopath and author of books on detoxification. Chico Shigeta has trained managers of Decléor spas by teaching them about the importance of breathing to relax the body, and in working on aligning the body.
“For me, beauty cannot exist without a balanced body. Massage techniques allow us to activate the body from within, revealing a healthy foundation.”
Decléor Aromachology Expert: Patty Canac
Aromachologist Patty Canac’s olfactic journey began working with perfumers, testing and researching raw materials and mastering the world of scent. Her teachers passed on their knowledge which enabled Patty to develop her sense of smell and look deeper into the power of active scents to deeply re-balance emotion. Professor at the Higher Institute of perfume Versailles (ISIPCA) since 1991, Patty Canac also does public speaking on the subject.
“My life path has taken me from the realm of fragrance testing to that of Essential Oils and their olfactory properties. I have learned to open my mind and breathe in the very soul of the plant.”
Pollution, aging, lack of sleep… To fight the beauty enemies, Decléor has 3 secret weapons.
And that secret is the Aroma Duo. What is it? A day cream AND a serum. The equation is quite easy to understand: together is better. “In the seventies, we applied a moisturising cream and we realised that it evaporated quickly,” comments Solange Dessimoulie, brand ambassador. “So we needed to offer a serum incorporating the wealth of vitamins and omega 3’s that botanical plant oils possess to be both vector and carrier for the essential oils. That’s how the Aroma Duo was born” Forty years ago the first Aromessence Oil Serums were elaborated by Decléor, a pioneer in the research of botanical heroes. And now Decléor has developed three winning combinations to fight the main beauty enemies: “Detox Angel Pollution,” “Wonder Youth” and “Sleep Saviour”.
“Detox Angel Pollution” is dedicated to fighting pollution with intense hydration. How? Aromessence Neroli Serum softens, relaxes and restores skin’s radiance, while Hydra Floral Hydrating Light Cream drenches skin with 24 hour moisture and refreshes with its delicious floral fragrance. A real anti-pollution barrier, Hydra Floral is made of 3 botanical pillars: Wild Pansy, Neroli essential oil and Moringa oleifera that specifically protects the skin from micro-particules.
Losing resilience? “Wonder Youth” concentrates on firming skin and gives all of the benefits of Iris, Rose, Egyptian Geranium and White willow (against sagging). Iris Concrete reboots skin’s internal youth mechanism while Prolagene Lift - Lift and Firm Day Cream improves elasticity, lifts contours and visibly reduces wrinkles.
“Sleep Saviour” focuses on giving skin a rest. Tired looking, dull skin? Aurabsolu Intense Glow Awakening Cream renews and revitalises skin’s resplendence, evens the complexion, and is a real anti-fatigue weapon with the help of Jasmine absolute which helps to normalize the skin tone. A perfect match with Aromessence Neroli !
Great news, ladies, here are two fabulous offers! When you purchase one of the botanical wonder hero duos you can enjoy a 15 minute Acupressure Points Massage created by the famous beauty guru Chico Shigeta. Stop by for a consultation at your Decléor retailer, go home with samples to test and find your perfect botanical heroes!
Long work days followed by late evenings out. We all want to look our best and shine throughout the night. But we all know the struggle when it is time to get rid of our foundation and eye shadow that has been piling up on the skin. Do you dream of easy cleansing? Well double cleansing is definitely for you. And it’s easily included in your aromatherapy skincare routine.
What is double cleansing?
This Asian skin-care trend has recently known a peak of popularity among South Korea beautistas seeking the perfect skin. But it goes back a long way – in Korea, but also in Japan, from where the ritual might originate centuries ago. It was supposedly born out of necessity, to get rid of the oshiroi, the white powder the Japanese women covered their faces with to enhance their beauty. This very sticky, paint-like make-up was impossible to clean off with the usual cleansers while still preserving a perfect skin.
And so double cleansing was born. The effectiveness of this two-step face wash is a simple question of chemistry. Keep in mind that water and oil don’t mix: to remove one, you can’t use the other. That is why the oil-based cleanser is used to remove oil-based impurity: sebum, sun cream, make-up… And following this first clean-up, the water-based cleanser gets rid of water-based impurities: sweat, old skin cells, bacteria and dust. Thanks to double cleansing, you’re only two cotton pads away from a pure and perfect skin!
Aromatherapy skincare & double cleanse
It is no secret that cleansing is the most essential step of a beauty routine – especially before going to bed. By addressing and removing every type of impurity, double cleansing leaves the face glowing and maintains a perfect skin, day after day.
For every skin type, from oily to extremely dry or sensitive, double cleansing is an essential step to include in the beauty routine, and in the aromatherapy skincare routine in particular. Find the cleanser that suits you best. Our water-based cleansers come in various textures: do you prefer a creamy mousse or a micellar water? Our oil based Micellar Oil attracts and removes impurities and is perfect for all skin types. You will surely find your happiness among our Aroma Cleanse range.
Besides making it pure and flawless, this two-step ritual also prepares your skin to make the most out of the other products of your aromatherapy skincare. The pores are neat and clear, and all the active ingredients are quickly absorbed, penetrating deeply and efficiently in the epidermis. Apply your night balm, after double cleansing to magnify its benefits: you’ll feel the difference almost instantaneously!
Every month Decléor puts an essential oil into the spotlight. Here’s why Peppermint Essential Oil is our favourite for the summer!
Origins: In Greek mythology, the nymph Minthe was transformed into a plant by Persephone, the jealous wife of a god. Hades was so sad about what happened to Minthe that he gave the plant its particular aroma. In fact mint has been cultivated as a medicinal plant ever since antiquity and Romans would add it to wine believing that mint would heal the spirit and give courage.
Provenance: Mentha Piperata is most often grown in England, Italy, India and France. The essential oil is extracted from the capillaries in the leaves through steam distillation
Benefits: It revitalises, tones, stimulates the nervous system and diminishes physical fatigue with an immediate refreshing and reviving effect on the body. Menthol is a vasoconstrictor
When to use it: Anaesthetic, antibacterial and emollient, it’s the perfect skin toner. Peppermint essential oil is also very useful to prepare the body for sports, for physical therapy or if you suffer from muscle cramps. It is a corporal stimulant, antispasmodic and antiseptic.
The thing you didn’t know about it: It has anti-aging properties as it stimulates production of pro collagen.
Decléor’s expert advice:
“Peppermint essential oil is anaesthetic, analgesic and anti-inflammatory. Toning and stimulating, it aids the digestive system: just a drop can relieve nausea, indigestion or a bad breath. It’s not phlebotonic but the effect is a feeling of freshness. If you mix it with basil it can relieve a headache. A drop on your forehead and another on the temples alleviates tension. The refreshing sensation is dramatic when used on the legs. On a psychological level peppermint acts as an olfactive stimulant and will clarify comprehension and help you let go,” says Pierre Albano
Seasonal effect: Refreshing! Spray Aurabsolu Refreshing Mist on your face or massage feet and back with Circulagel. You’ll be as addicted to peppermint as we are!
Invented by Decléor in the 1970’s, the Aromessence range incorporates the fundaments of aromachology to performing skincare. Aromessence Neroli, the first serum-oil created, paved the way for the six other Aromessence. It also managed to break down the barrier that made people weary of using oils during the skincare ritual.
100% pure, natural and active
Made up from a careful balance of 100% natural essential and botanical oils, the Aromessence are quickly absorbed and leave no shine or residue on the skin. The botanical oils used have a natural composition close to skin’s sebum, which helps essential oils and their active molecules penetrate the epidermis. Skin is left feeling soft and velvety.
Fusion of mind and body
Thanks to its floral fragrance, Aromessence Neroli acts upon the nervous system to help unwind and relax while rebalancing the epidermis, preserving the skin’s natural ecosystem and boosting the effects of usual skin care. Visible radiance and a soothed spirit leave you glowing inside and out.
Beauty tip: Warm a few drops in your hands to release the natural olfactory molecules that act upon the senses for total relaxation.
This aromatic plant has a long history. Its many benefits make it a widely used ingredient in aromatherapy and phytotherapy, as well as in numerous applications around the house. We take a closer look at this truly “essential” oil.
A member of the same family as sage, thyme and basil, lavender is an aromatic plant offering many benefits – as testified by its inclusion in countless cosmetics, sanitation and household products. Used since Antiquity, the name lavender is derived from the Latin word “lavare”, meaning “to wash”. This plant was part of everyday life even in Roman times – for washing laundry, bathing and as a fragrance.
Its fragrance can be summed up in one word – relaxation! Lavender is known above all for its calming properties and its essence has been found to be very effective in phytotherapy and aromatherapy.
Essential oil of lavender is used to alleviate both minor sleeping disorders and stress. This relaxing oil helps you unwind before going to bed and can also provide a boost in the morning in the form of an invigorating lavender shower gel.
An essential oil for the home
Essential oil of lavender brings a sweet fragrance of cleanliness and holidays in the sun to the heart of your home. A few sprigs of lavender or a few drops of essential oil in a wardrobe give clothes a lasting fragrance and a fresh feel. A couple of drops in the washing machine have the same effect. Another useful household application: lavender helps to repel insects!
A flavoursome aromatic plant
Lavender also comes in very handy in the kitchen for adding extra flavour to certain foods. A sprig of lavender in a jar of sugar gives it a delicately fragranced aroma. It gives a surprising note to fruit salads, puddings, cakes or for decorating desserts. It short, it’s our all-round star!
With the help of qualified professionals, Decléor has created an exclusive at-home treatment application the "2 technique”, which helps you find vitality and pleasure. Based on the Chinese “Do In” ritual, this self-massage technique rebalances energies by stimulating the major body functions. Performing the “2 technique” not only encourages you to relax, it also allows you a time-out from your daily life to focus on your inner-self.
How-to: Start by warming a drop of Aromessence in your hands. Gently inhale to let the aromas act on the psyche. Then using the finger or palm of the hand apply pressure on each spot according to the illustration. Begin between the eyes, then move slowly upwards above the eyebrows, around and down towards the nose to finish on the lower side of the face taking as long as you like on each zone. The effect on mind and body is immediate.